ThaiBev and Water Management Projects
Baan Pak Suad, Pa-sang Sub-district, Baan Ta Khun District, Surat Thani Province increased their water reservation for agriculture in dry season and to relieve floods in the rainy season. Benefactors were 3 villages of 120 households, 600 people, and 350 rai of agricultural land.
Baan Wang Sri Prai, Dong Duey Sub-district, Kong Krai Lat District, Sukothai Province increased the water volume over 16,000 m2 to use as fish a breeding area in dry season. There were 5 cases in Dong Duey Sub-district for practicing new agricultural theory on agriculture area management.
All these issues, along with the intentions of the community and the support of business sector and alliances, including ThaiBev, planted the seed for “Water Capital Management in Mixed Agriculture Areas to further expand the idea of 1 rai of organic farming with the objective to revive Nan upstream forest”, which was the beginning of the community’s way-of-live drastically changing for the good.
Activities that ThaiBev helped develop and supported in water resource development for 1 rai of organic farming
- ThaiBev supported installing a hydraulic ram to pump water to a higher level for restoration and built 3 check dams.
- Locals who joined the program must comply with the general rules. There were 11 units, each one will provide water to neighboring agriculture lands.
- Started community’s fund to save money and use this money to improve check dams and water systems in the area.
- Locals took seedlings to plant 30 units per rai.
- Built mountain irrigation system for 9.62 meters.
- Connected organic farming network in Nan province as provincial public policy.
- Hydraulic ram system: 11 points. Beneficial area: 11 rai.
- Check dam system: 8 units. Beneficial area: 24 rai.
- Mountain irrigation system: 9.62 meters on 1,000 rai area.
- Beneficial members 35 persons. Water volume at 15 barrels x 1,178.1 litres, equals to 17,671.5 litre (17.67150 m3) 10,800 litre/day.
Hydraulic ram to pump water to
Mountain irrigation system