For ThaiBev, development of the Value Chain is an important strategy to deliver business success. To enhance confidence in the production of quality products and sustainable growth, the company pays attention to every procedure and process in the Value Chain as follows:
SourcingAs a leading national beverage producer, the sourcing process must be efficient, transparent and committed to achieving results that maintain the quality of products and services, by considering the following factors:
- Giving priority to developing the potential business partners or suppliers to achieve goals and mutual sustainable growth with the company. A code of practice for suppliers has been established, and risk management mechanisms have been put in place for products and services, together with managing and assessing performance to make sure that they meet appropriate standards and management processes.
- Sourcing processes to standards that consider environmental and social factors such as water management, occupational health and safety, as well as providing oversight to ensure that quality and safe products and services will reach consumers.
- Considering the impact of post-consumption such as using bioPET bottles for Chang Mineral Water, which is made from 30 percent plant-based materials.
ProductionThaiBev gives priority to every stage of production, including:
- Controlling the quality of products to be correctly in line with legal requirements and various international management standards covering the environment, safety, and consumer health, such ISO 9001, GMP, HACCP, ISO 14001, and the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) drinking water standard.
- Production safety, which involves good hygiene management, only choosing quality raw materials which are safe and bring about the highest consumer satisfaction.
- Using various resources such as water and energy to get the greatest value and bring the most benefits without creating pollution. Alternative energy sources are used, such as steam for distilleries, anaerobic waste treatment systems installation, as well as once through boilers, while various innovations and technology continue to be developed.
DistributionWith an efficient product distribution process, alongside strong distribution channels that span across Thailand, ThaiBev is able to:
- Maintain and deliver the highest quality products to all customers; while maintaining good relationships with business partners, as well as meet the needs of distributors with professional levels of services.
- Use modern technology in managing and planning product distribution and transportation systems, such as ensuring driving discipline so that it is safe for drivers, and efficiently manage the use of fuel.
- Expand logistics services to customers in the restaurant segment in Thailand. Last year, the company took a shareholding in HAVI Logistics (Thailand) Co., Ltd, an expert in Cold Chain temperature-controlled transportation.
Marketing and SalesThaiBev delivers products to consumers through efficient distribution channels by:
- Creating a strong network and building good relationships with customers through a variety of projects such as The Agent “Next Gen” and marketing activities in its distribution channels, which is a strategy for efficient growth according to Vision 2020.
- Communicating and publicizing responsibility to consumers and society through the “Serve Responsibly” project and holding sales promotions that the create good relationships with consumers, as well as listening to consumers’ opinions through various communications channels, which are then used to develop and respond to customers’ needs as much as possible.
Post-consumption Packaging ManagementThaiBev believes that good packaging should not only protect the product and make it look pleasing, but should also be reusable, so the company aims to:
- Reuse packaging materials such as corrugated cartons and carton box partitions, glass bottles, aluminum cans and plastic crates in the manufacturing process.
- Develop packaging from materials which can be reused and recycled in the manufacturing process to reduce post-consumption waste, as “single-use” packaging creates too much trash and wastes natural resources in the manufacturing of these materials.